Clipping:Drainage at the Huntingdon Street grounds; proto-mound
|Add a Clipping|
|Date||Sunday, May 1, 1887|
[from a description of the new Huntingdon Street grounds] Surrounding the green field and running along the front of the pavilion, open seats, fences, wall, etc., there has been laid out a bicycle track fifteen feet wide and precisely a quarter of a mile long. It is built of broken stone, covered with fine loamy clay mixed with pulverized ashes, heavily rolled. The pitcher’s box and base lines are formed of the same material with convex surfaces, so as to throw off the water.
|Submitted by||Richard Hershberger|
|Origin||Initial Hershberger Clippings|